“PALEA has decided to act now instead of waiting for the onslaught of the outsourcing typhoon on Friday. This is the mother of all protests against layoff and contractualization. Nobody will go home and we will not back down until our demand for job security is met,” announced Gerry Rivera, PALEA president and vice chair of Partido ng Manggagawa (PM).
“We call on PAL to begin talks for a settlement to the labor dispute. PALEA demands a stop to the outsourcing plan. We call for the opening of negotiations for a new collective bargaining agreement (CBA). In the CBA negotiations, we can discuss measures to make PAL viable except outsourcing,” Rivera stated.
- [Video] PALEA statement on protest action (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- [In the Web] Various reactions on the PALEA strike (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- [Reflection] The right to strike (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] PALEA: PNoy should push PAL to open talks to resolve issue not threaten protesting workers (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] PALEA starts protest action vs. lockout (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- No strike amidst illegal lockout Palea leaders betrayed PAL workers (tuklasinnatin.wordpress.com)
- PALEA Termination’s Impact on Plato on-line (pochp.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] PALEA says protest continues, vows fight not over (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Labor groups to declare Aquino-Roxas tandem “Enemy of the Working Class” if they continue siding with tycoon Lucio Tan (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Philippine Airlines union members can’t return to work, says management | Sun.Star (hronlineph.wordpress.com)