- uncover violations
- subject violations to public scrutiny
- press for those responsible to be accountable
- empower individuals and communities to claim their basic entitlements as human beings.
Throughout history, courageous and visionary people have sought to extend the boundaries of human rights protection to those outside its boundaries, whether it be those living in slavery, workers unprotected against exploitation or women denied the vote.
– Amnesty International
- Observatory for HRDs comes out with annual report (thoolen.wordpress.com)
- Prayer for Human Rights Defenders by Robert Fulghum (thoolen.wordpress.com)
- Definitions of the right to freedom of assembly and association (tcmag.wordpress.com)
- Hollywood production in Chinese city of Linyi attended by human rights abuses (boingboing.net)
- Youth & Human Rights Defenders Collaborate at Geneva Summit (prweb.com)
- The UK’s scandalous legal aid bill is a threat to global human rights | Nick Mathiason (guardian.co.uk)
- Goodfella’ mayoral campaign poster spurs Toronto human-rights complaint (canada.com)
- Immediate release of human rights defenders under custody by Malaysian authorities – HRD Pilipinas (renatomabunga.wordpress.com)
- Human Rights Work and Human Rights Defenders: Asia and the Philippines (renatomabunga.wordpress.com)
- Human rights anger over movie (independent.co.uk)