Lacierda said on radio this weekend government has been addressing the killings in the country, especially with regard to reporters.
Earlier, Thomas said the US Congress will continue to withhold a part of US assistance to the Armed Forces of the Philippines until the government meets conditions on solving and prosecuting cases of unexplained killings.
News reports said Thomas informed human rights advocates in the country about the withholding of such US aid to the Philippines during a roundtable discussion at the US Embassy last Oct. 21.
Read full article at http://www.cathnewsphil.com/2011/11/07/were-on-it-malacanang-on-killings/.
- [Video] Philippines: Extrajudicial Killings – youtube (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- Aquino and DOJ’s Dillydallying over Arroyo’s Medical Travel Request: A BLATANT CONTEMPT for a Constitutional Right! (rqjavines.wordpress.com)
- [Reflection] 9-11 and Human Rights in the Philippines (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- Senate ok’s Angara proposal for teacher scholarships (jasondeasis.wordpress.com)
- Aquino Signs China Trade Deal as Philippines Plays Down Dispute (Bloomberg News) (thuytinhvo.wordpress.com)
- Philippines, China look beyond sea dispute (ABS-CBN News) (thuytinhvo.wordpress.com)
- Philippine govt, rebels in standoff over commander (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- AP EXCLUSIVE: Aquino confident in typhoon response (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- [Press Release] Amnesty International condemns killing of priest, reiterates call for creation of Presidential Accountability Commission (hronlineph.wordpress.com)