The Philippine National Police (PNP) has schedule the booking of former president Gloria Macapagal Arroyo today. GMA’s mugshot and fingerprints will be taken at St. Luke’s Medical Center in Taguig City where Gloria Arroyo continues to be confined. Chief Supt. Agrimero Cruz Jr., PNP spokesman, said the booking process will just take a short time but the exact time is still unknown. The PNP will still get clearance from GMA’s doctors for the process.
“We are waiting for attending physicians to complete medical checkupon GMA before we begin with the booking procedures,” Coronel said in a text message, according to TV5 News.
GMA was placed under arrest yesterday on orders of the Pasay City RTC. The court found probable cause in the case of electoral fraud filed by the Comelec yesterday morning. Electoral fraud is a non=bailable offense and Gloria Arroyo is expected to be put under the custody of the PNP while awaiting trial. A room has reportedly been reserved for her.
But the PNP and Aquino government made it clear that utmost respect will be accorded the former president. DOJ Secretary Leila de Lima likewise revealed that the government will not object to a hospital arrest or a house arrest for Gloria Arroyo if her lawyers files for the said privilege.
“Don’t publish Arroyo mugshot.” A lawyer for GMA has appealed to the police to to publish GMA’s mugshot so as not to subject her to further embarrassment. Atty. Ferdinand Topacio, now infamous for his ‘testicular offer’, made the request to the Philippine National Police.
“We already requested the police not to release the mugshot,” Topacio said. “Let’s treat the former president with the respect due her.”
We will find out in the coming days if the PNP will grant the request.
Please read full story at http://manila-paper.net/gloria-arroyo-gma-mugshot-fingerprints-taken-today/18538
- [In the Web] Gloria Arroyo stopped a woman, with an illness and a case just like hers, from leaving the country for four year (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- [In the Web] Arroyo’s pleas political, not human rights issue (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- [In the Web] Lawmakers air mixed reactions on the TRO issued to GMA (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- Why bet only one ball? Topacio wants one left because GMA won’t return! (politika2013.wordpress.com)
- Topacio’s egg saved plus meaty Facebook rejoinders (politika2013.wordpress.com)
- [In the Web] Aquino vs. Arroyo: This time it’s personal (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- Arrest Warrant Issued vs Gloria Arroyo (pochp.wordpress.com)
- [In the Web] Whose right to travel? (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- Police book ex-Philippine leader in her hospital room (ctv.ca)
- Arroyo under guard at Philippine hospital over election fraud (seattletimes.nwsource.com)