This much is clear: despite the avowed priority given by the administration of President Benigno S. Aquino III to solving the murders of media and ridding the country of the culture of impunity, the killings of journalists in the country continue unabated.
In the second-to-the-last part of the Media Killings Series of documentaries by the Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism, the PCIJ looks at some of the reasons why the murders continue unabated. Many thought that the entry of a new administration that espouses strong democratic and liberal beliefs would herald a dramatic shift in the culture of violence against journalists. Unfortunately, that is not the case.
– Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism
- [Video] Lest We Forget: Victims of Martial Law – youtube (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- [From the web] Tales of the Amazonas – www.pcij.org (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Pnoy, BOKYA! Paglabag sa Karapatang Pantao Nagpapatuloy! – KPD (hronlineph.com)
- KAMAG-ANAK, INCORPORATED: An Analysis on the Proliferation of Political Dynasties (kunyari.wordpress.com)
- PNoy vs. Corona: A PDI columnist’s perspective (politika2013.wordpress.com)
- [Statement] The message of the death of Fr. Tentorio is clear, PNoy must declare war against EJK and the culture of impunity NOW! – TFDP (hronlineph.wordpress.com)
- [Press Release] Rights groups to P’Noy: prosecute Arroyo and other human rights violators (hronlineph.com)
- [In the Web] Tougher action needed to end impunity in journalist killings (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- [Reflection] 9-11 and Human Rights in the Philippines (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- PNoy to launch water, river program in Bukidnon (bukidnonews.wordpress.com)